PLYCYCLE

Take a look at the finished bicycle here.. www.plycycle.co.uk

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Rear hub...

So, I said back in the beginning that this would be a fixed gear bike, and so it probably will be. But my attention has been drawn to an amazing hub gear from Sturmey Archer. It is a two speed kick change back pedal brake hub. Yes a bit of a mouth full but its amazing. No cables! Just kick back to change between the two gears. There is a free wheel, but put in a back pedal and it is a traditional American style brake. I love the fact that it will need no cabling. It is £70 for the hub only, which as nice hubs go is not that much, but in truth is probably more than I want to spend on this project right now.

It would be nice though.

1 comment:

  1. Not relevant to this, but another wooden bike project I have just spotted go by:
    http://www.splinterbike.co.uk/home

    ReplyDelete